Piedmont Healthcare to Deploy Perceptive Software Enterprise-wide
- Perceptive Software, creator of process and content management products and solutions, announces that Atlanta-based Piedmont Healthcare will deploy Perceptive Software solutions throughout the health system’s five hospitals and 45 physicians’ offices and clinics, in order to bring key content such as scanned insurance cards, digital photographs, physicians notes, etc., directly into Piedmont Healthcare’s Epic Electronic Medical Record System.
- Perceptive Software healthcare solutions will complete the paperless medical record at Piedmont Healthcare by delivering all patient content within the context of the Electronic Medical Record (EMR), resulting in a comprehensive patient record that will help Piedmont Healthcare professionals make better clinical, financial and operational decisions.
- This enterprise-wide expansion follows Piedmont Healthcare’s initial deployment of Perceptive Software healthcare solutions in 2012, which occurred in conjunction with the launch of its Epic Electronic Medical Record system. The initial deployment covered Piedmont Healthcare’s Newnan Hospital and 15 clinics, in departments such as Health Information Management (HIM), Registration, Patient Finance and Scheduling.
- Piedmont Healthcare also currently uses Perceptive Intelligent Capture in accounts payable, while Perceptive Software back office solutions are used in human resources and materials management. These solutions integrate seamlessly with the health system’s PeopleSoft application.
- Piedmont Healthcare is targeting the end of 2013 to complete the enterprise rollout of Perceptive Software throughout its remaining hospitals and clinics.
- Piedmont Healthcare is also a Lexmark managed print services customer, which enables the healthcare system to standardize and optimize its output environment through additional workflow solutions that will improve employee productivity, support patient care and reduce overall costs.
About Perceptive Software (www.perceptivesoftware.com)
Perceptive Software, a Lexmark company (NYSE: LXK), builds a complete family of intelligent capture, content and process management, enterprise search and integration products that connect enterprise applications to the processes and information outside those applications, providing the visibility and control needed to improve financial performance, reduce risk and ensure future flexibility.