Averitt Express Selects Perceptive Intelligent Capture for Efficient Bills of Lading Processing
Automated Processing of Shipping Documents Minimizes Risk, Offers Competitive Advantage
- Averitt Express, a Tennessee-based provider of freight transportation and supply chain management reaching over 100 countries globally, has selected Perceptive Intelligent Capture, powered by Brainware for the efficient automation of Bills of Lading (BOLs) processing operations.
- The technology will be implemented to minimize manual data entry within Averitt’s AS400 mainframe billing system, ensuring faster and more accurate reconciliations, as well as increased transparency and accountability throughout the process.
- Averitt processes about 16,000 BOLs each day, each bearing more than 30 data fields requiring accurate extraction. A BOL is essentially a manifest accounting for all items in a given shipment; they are a mission-critical aspect of the operation, and inaccurate data entry creates risk and vulnerability in terms of customer service, compliance, the ability to troubleshoot quickly and more.
- In selecting Perceptive Intelligent Capture, Averitt cited the ability to expand the technology for processing of additional document-based routines as a key selling point.
- In addition to directing personnel away from tedious manual entry routines, Averitt estimates that automation with Intelligent Capture will boost per-employee productivity considerably, leaving them well-situated for handling increased volumes without a corresponding increase in headcount.
- Averitt is a long-time Lexmark customer and is standardized on Lexmark printers and multifunction products (MFPs) at its more than 100 service centers across 18 U.S. states. The Lexmark devices are used throughout Averitt’s facilities for a variety of scanning and printing requirements.
About Perceptive Software (www.perceptivesoftware.com)
Perceptive Software, a Lexmark company (NYSE: LXK), builds a complete family of intelligent capture, content and process management, enterprise search and integration products that connect enterprise applications to the processes and information outside those applications, providing the visibility and control needed to improve financial performance, reduce risk and ensure future flexibility.