DDC Freight Process Outsourcing Selects Perceptive Intelligent Capture for Automated Bills of Lading Processing
Intelligent Data Capture Selected for Processing Over 30 Million Pages Annually
• Perceptive Software announces that DDC Freight Process Outsourcing (DDC FPO), a leader in offshore business process outsourcing services, has selected Perceptive Intelligent Capture, powered by Brainware, for Bills of Lading (BOL) processing automation.
• BOLs are a type of itemized receipt unique to the shipping and freight industry.
• DDC FPO currently relies upon manual data entry operations in the Philippines to key line item data from more than 30 million pages of BOLs for its customers annually. By implementing a scalable platform for capturing and validating BOL data, DDC FPO will be empowered to remain competitive for the long term, boosting service capacity while reducing overhead costs.
• Perceptive Software’s Brainware intelligent capture technology has been previously implemented for this purpose by Old Dominion Freight Line, which automated bill processing following a considerable efficiency boost using Brainware for accounts receivable automation, a project that saw their operation improve productivity by more than 500%.
• “DDC was the first to innovate its freight bill entry process,” said Art Zipkin, DDC FPO President. “This superior technology from Perceptive Software will allow us to continue down a path of premier solutions and competitive prices for our clients.”
• “Perceptive Intelligent Capture gives outsourcers an ability to expand their operations considerably, in a manner that would otherwise require proportional increases in labor, IT and office space,” said Charles Kaplan, VP of Marketing for Perceptive Capture and Search. “Data is reconciled faster and more accurately, and the organization can pursue new contracts aggressively, without concern for capacity limits. We believe DDC FPO’s stakeholders will be impressed by intelligent data capture’s benefits for their bottom line, as the technology is a perfect fit for businesses that rely on document-based processes to thrive.”
DDC FPO is a division of the international DDC Group – one of the world’s leading providers of onshore and offshore data processing and business process outsourcing solutions. Established in 1989, the DDC Group is a privately-owned portfolio of companies, with wholly-owned onshore and offshore facilities. The DDC Group has a staff of over 4,500 employees in 12 locations around the world and serves a wide range of markets with unmatched sector expertise. For more information, visit www.ddcfpo.com.
About Perceptive Software (www.perceptivesoftware.com)
Perceptive Software, a Lexmark company (NYSE: LXK), builds a complete family of intelligent capture, content and process management, enterprise search and integration products that connect enterprise applications to the processes and information outside those applications, providing the visibility and control needed to improve financial performance, reduce risk and ensure future flexibility.