Perceptive Process Documentation
Capture and publish your processes, in print or online
Do people in your organization know how to do their work? Is your procedure or process manual regularly updated, and accessible to those who need it? Is there a structural process improvement initiative in your company, like Lean Six Sigma?
Process documentation, part of the Perceptive BPM suite, captures and articulates your processes for easy distribution in printed or online form. These documents serve your organization as comprehensive and relevant process manuals, summarizing best practices and standardized procedures in a way that is both approachable and easy to update. Beyond simple process graphs, users see the context of process execution, including organizational entities, norms, important performance indicators and links to template documents.
Effective process documentation is valuable for:
New personnel guidance: Despite introductory training, getting to know the general way a process is executed, what information sources or documents to use, or who to involve, takes time. Thorough process documentation describing the general best practices for process execution will help new employees get up to speed faster and gain confidence in their roles.
Support for all situations: It’s easy to learn routines that happen over and over. But not every activity or process is executed on a regular basis, nor are certain documents or systems used regularly. Providing accurate and accessible process documentation on process execution rules both validates routine processes and gives employees tools for less-common situations.
Empowering process workers: The people executing the business processes know their processes best. With Perceptive Process Documentation, every organization department can model their own part of the procedures. This self-empowerment not only saves costs—it allows stakeholders to find, discuss, and take control of improvements for their own process parts.
Features that make Perceptive Process Documentation an effective development environment include:
- HTML Flexibility: In addition to on-screen or paper manuals, HTML-based output offers process documentation creators special distribution capabilities, such as intranet- or server-based publishing, linking to manuals from relevant external environments, and linking from the manuals to external content.
- Workflow support: Process manuals can be taken through a workflow to enforce an official review before publication of new versions.
- House style support: An easy-to-use wizard lets you apply your company’s graphical “house style” to HTML-based manual pages.
Over a thousand organizations use Perceptive Process manuals, and over one million employees worldwide have access to Perceptive Process documentation. Add your employees to those who:
- Understand how their work benefits the organization’s goals
- Understand the impact of their work on the work of others
- Understand what process rules apply to mitigate risk
- Can identify and bring forward their own ideas for process improvement
Equip yourself to define and re-design your processes.
Empower your process experts to do more.
Automate, track, and easily change your daily routines.